“Children of God… Shine like stars in the universe.” Phillippians, 2:15
Thank you for your interest in Shining Stars Dance School (SSDS). SSDS is Christian owned and operated, using music, dance technique, and costumes that are modest and clean. SSDS is owned by Veronica Lewis who has a BFA in Dance Studies from Missouri State. She began her teaching career in the fall of 1997 and opened Shining Stars Dance School in 2006.
Click the link below to find out more about the teachers at Shining Stars Dance School:
- Shining Stars Dance School is a Christian owned dance studio. Therefore, Christian music will be used.
- Dancers must be at least the minimum age for the class before September 1st for all fall classes and before June 1st for all summer classes. The only exception is if an instructor invites them to move up before they are the minimum age.
- Dancers must dress out. Leotard and tights are preferred but not required. Dancers need to be dressed in clothing suitable for stretching and dancing. (Jeans, jean shorts, dresses, etc. are not acceptable.) A student dressed inappropriately may be asked to sit out. Hair must be up.
- Ballet and Tap shoes are required for ballet and tap classes. Color of ballet shoes is optional until the recital. A specific color requirement will be given in the spring for the recital. Beginning tap students will need black patent tap shoes and must have elastic instead of the ribbons (these can be purchased at SSDS). Intermediate through advanced tap students need a jazz tap shoe. Jazz shoes are required for all jazz classes. A low tread tennis shoe purchased and used only for class is required for all hip hop classes.
- Parents are only allowed to stay in the dance room for extreme circumstances (i.e. a child refuses to stay in class without the parent – we are willing to work with you but, eventually the child must be able to stay in class without the parent.) If you would like to observe class please ask the instructor.
- We will have one recital per year. Watch for notes with details about spring recital. We will need parents to help backstage!!
- If we consider a class too small, we have the right to cancel or combine that class with another class.
- We do not allow children to wait outside the building for their safety.